Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Poof!!! Magic

I have always been an ardent admirer of Harry Potter's story, in the form of books as well as films. People often consider it childish for my ancient age, but I do not bother about it. 

Last evening I was watching 'Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince' for the nth number of time, but yesterday I watched it till the end for the first time. I also read the book, few years back and that is why I knew that Professor Dumbledore would die in the movie; thus I could not bring myself to watch the whole film before yesterday. Every time I used to get up and leave at the scene when Professor Dumbledore is standing with Malfoy and Harry is hiding in a room beneath their feet. I could never watch the film beyond this scene, though I knew what would happen next; it's just that I didn't want to see the horror of losing some one who I have admired as much as, probably Harry does. And it is not just admiration, the character of Professor Dumbledore is so magnanimous and still wonderfully underplayed, so that Harry remains the central character- the focus, the doer. So yesterday I gathered strength and sat through the above mentioned scene and it relieved me to witness that the loss was shown as something very real, I felt very sad but also accepted it.

In the same movie there is this scene where Harry and Professor Slughorn are talking about Harry's mother, when the latter says that life is very odd, that one moment it is going on and then..poof! It's gone! There isn't anything extraordinary about what he said, all of us know it. But what is missing it that we forget to remind ourselves about it. It is something which should be repeated to ourselves everyday, every few hours, to keep the mind acquainted with the reality of the possibility of anything, absolutely anything disappearing like it was never there. One moment I was told that I am very important, so very crucial that I had to be called along with the grandfather on an auspicious friday. Another moment I cannot be talked to in front of a certain person, probably I do not even exist. Poof!! I am gone.

Now the irony is that this poof trick doesn't work when I really want it to. Like I really want this realization of being non-existent to go away along with a lot of other burdensome thoughts.

Now that I have written all this I realize that I wanted to write something else but somehow I wrote all this. All I want to say is Repairo to this post and Wingardium Leviosa to myself! Poof!

No comments:

Post a Comment